How to Add Categories in WordPress?
Adding, editing or deleting categories is similar for all and every theme. Just follow the below basic steps to add new categories in WordPress.
- From admin, Dashboard go to the Posts > Categories
- Give the name of your Category
- Slug: It is optional if you want to change it or not. Otherwise, the default slug will set automatically there.
- Parent Category: If you select the category here, the new category you are going to add will be the subcategory of this selected category. Leave unselected if you want to add the main category.
- Click on Add New Category.
Now you will see this category on the list of category while adding a post.